Friday 7 December 2007

A Touch of Nature......

I just had to play with this set - Touch of Nature, love butterflies. The set has a bird as well and I had a robin on my bird table this afternoon and intended to use the bird from this set, but didn't in the end. So I will have to make another.......

The cardstock is Perfect Plum and Pale Plum. The size is 14cm x 19cm scored at 12cm in the Perfect Plum. The next layer is 21.5cm x 13cm in Pale Plum.

First I stamped the left side and the front with the Paisley background stamp in the same colour inkpads as the cardstock. I like the effect of versamark on cardstock but because these inkpads from stampin up match the cardstock perfectly, I use them now.
The ovals are the nestabilities, Oh! Dear Sharon I realise I do indeed need all the sizes as I would have put a straight edge oval inbetween the larger ones!!!!

I stamped on whisper white with Mellow Moss ink with the leaf stamp from the set, Then the flower in Perfect Plum and watercoloured it in with Pale Plum. I used the markers to colour in the butterfly and mounted it on 3D foam pads.

I also used the markers to get the colour where I wanted on the branch and berry stamp image.


The Ribbon on the left holds the card shut, but you just pull the front to open and this is the inside of the card.

The sentiment stamps are Happy Everything set. I continued the branch on the inside as well.














Have a great evening, I have a pile of ironing to finish,
Jenny:-)xx

5 comments:

Morwenna said...

Lovely Jen!

Mary said...

Wow what a fantastic card. I was only talking to Janette on Thursday about this set and how I loved anything to do with nature, trees, leaves, animals and birds etc. You have done this so beautifully, I must 'see' it in real life, you must bring it to my house with all the new ones on Thursday.
Mary xxxx

Diane said...

Stunning!!! Love the flower and the butterfly and the colors and ...everything about it!

Sonya said...

I think this is my favorite card from you that you have made! I love everything single thing about it. I need to get that stamp set I think.

simplyfairies said...

Oh wow!!!!

 
09 10