Tuesday 27 April 2010

It's Appreciation Day Today......

Hello Everyone. It's been non stop since we came back from holiday, with one thing and another. I have been crafting but everything was for either my appreciation day, classes and the next Extravaganza Day. Plus my boys only went back to school last Tuesday and I just can't seem to concentrate properly when I can hear the xbox in the background. It's like working in a war zone hee hee!!! Also hubbie has been working at home a bit, so last Wednesday enough was enough and I shut myself in my Craft Room and got on with my jobs - It was Heaven!

Thank you so very much for the lovely emails, asking if everything was alright and Where am I? I really appreciated all of them, Thanks alot.

Right then......Today is my Appreciation Day for my Tuesday Stamp Class Ladies.

They wanted to make the Carousel Card and Box, I made for the Reading Demonstration. Plus I had enough Carousel Notes left for everyone to make one of these Carousel Note Scrapping Purses. You can find the tutorial for the purse here.

The card is two Carousel Notes joined together with two jumbo eyelets. I scored the front carousel note between 6 scallops, so the front opens nicely. Click on the photo's and you will be able to see the score line near the eyelets.
The strip of paper Tea & Crumpets is 1 3/4" x 5" along the middle. The layers on the front are 3 1/4" for cardstock and 3" for the paper. I used the markers to colour in the images from the Live Your Dream stamp set.
The instructions for the box are:-
Base - 11 3/4" x 11 3/4" piece of cardstock,
Along all four sides score at 2" & 4"
Cut away the L shape in each corner and make a tab, put together as normal.
Lid 7 7/8" x 7 7/8"
Along all four sides score at 1" & 2"
Do the same as the base.
The layers on top of the box are 3 1/2" for Cardstock, 3 1/4" for the paper layer. The flowers are from the Pretties kit.

You must pop over to Jan's Blog and see the Tutorial for this Purse, she is a very funny lady and she loves Chocolate while she crafts as well!!!!
I kept the purse very similar to Jan's as I wasn't sure if we would have enough time to complete all three projects and the places are blank to add photos etc later.
Boy! It took me ages to cut up all the cardstock and papers for these projects and trying to get all three things to match each other, Hope my ladies like them!
The Carousel Note is used for the flap of the purse, it is scored in half, paper added and then two jumbo eyelets are put on the back for the ribbon handle. Then the back was attached to the back after the paper layer was added.
The Purse itself is actually the Huge chocolate Chip Envelopes that come with the Carousel Notes adhered to a piece of chocolate chip 6 3/16" x 6" scored in half at 3" along the 6" side.
You can sort of see this section behind the middle pink layers.

Inside the envelopes are more Carousel Notes. The Totally Tabs stamp set was used to decorate and then punched out using the Round Tab Punch. This the Left...


This is the Right....

We'll do the bag in the morning, Break for Lunch and a Quick Game of Stampin Up Bingo!!!!
Then we will do the other two projects after Lunch.

The papers in the Tea & Crumpets pack go with Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, So Saffron, and Always Artichoke.

Yesterday did not go to plan for my Eldest!!! He was all ready to do Work Experience at the Hospital, I dropped him off there first thing looking all dapper in his shirt and tie only to find out that the Hospital wasn't expecting him and under 16's weren't allowed to work in the Post Room!!!! Not sure how the school arranged this by it wasn't a very nice experience for Him and Us. So the Co-ordinator collected him and took him to the Local Post Depot but they couldn't find him work experience there either.

He ended up helping at school until Lunch time then he came home, Poor Devil - Not a great start. He is due to go somewhere else today, Fingers Crossed that will be ok.

Check back later this afternoon and I will show you what I made for all the ladies.

Thanks for looking,

Jenny:-)xx








4 comments:

Jane said...

It all looks gorgeous........I'm so excited, can't wait!!
xx

Moira said...

Lovely Jenny, great to have you back!

Ann Wills said...

All looks wonderful Jenny, nice to see you back.

Joyce M said...

I love this set, especially the round card. So simple, so elegant. Love it

 
09 10